Saturday, December 31, 2011

2011

As 2011 comes to a close, there is a lot to reflect upon in this past year. I have done so much more than I ever thought I would and have taken a lot of "chances". I really can't believe the roller coaster ride I have been on.

I will admit, it is has been a tough year for me. I never ever imagined that at 29 I would be where I am, nor would I change a thing (even though I wonder why a lot). For I know there is a reason for every season in life and all of this has shaped who I am today.

I am excited about the possibilities that lie ahead in the new year. The possibility of being closer to friends but also making new friends. The chance to travel more, the ability to have a place to call "home" as well. (vague here, still working out all these details, but you will see what I mean soon, hopefully!)

I want this new year to be the best, I want to become more involved in church, want to go on a mission trip, become a better friend, a better sister, a better daughter. I want to not worry so much about "what others think". I want to have happiness. I want my quiet times to be richer. I want my love for Christ to grow more than anything else, truly, that is the most important thing, eternity!

I am actually excited to start this new year. God's promises are amazing and I know wonderful things are in store!
(Heb. 10:35-36)

No comments:

Post a Comment